Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Off to a HARD start... Thanks 2010!

I hate being negative, and I REALLY try to look on the bright side when at all possible but I have to tell you 2010 is kicking my bottom.  I started this vegan thing and though I have been able to handle the no meat part, and for the most part the no dairy, I have to tell you the no soda, no alcohol and no anything that sounds amazing part is really hard.  But this is a choice and not a requirement in my life and I need to remember that. 

And just when I thought that I was about to give in I found this really great vegan place in Tustin called Native Foods and it got me back on track... It was like the world knew that I was about to break and reached out.  Thank you world!

Besides the resolutions being a main focus, my cat Moe has been sick.  For the last 5 days he has had a really hard time breathing and I thought that it was a cold that would just go away... But it did not.  So yesterday I gave in and made an appointment with the vet and it turns out that my Moe has asthma.  Right!  That is what I said.  But we have been giving him cortizone and steroids and it is like night and day, he is SO MUCH BETTER!  Thankfully.

So I guess that even though it has been a rough first week of 2010 the brightside is that Moe is okay and this diet that I am on will eventually get easy and there are people out there to support me, one way or the other.

Looking forward to what else 2010 has to show me... Hopefully this will be the worst week that I have this whole year. :)

4 comments:

Katie said...

So glad that the Moeford is feeling better. Good luck with the whole vegan thing. I was thinking about you at the store when I realized that about 90% of everything I bought you couldn't eat.

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

awww poor Moe! I am so glad the medicine is working, I have never heard of cat asthma, no fun! You need to come up to visit the long beach vegan place again :) I LOVE vegan food. There is another great place in the Old Town Orange area that I think you would enjoy immensely as well! Good luck I commend your life choice!

Pam said...

So glad Moe is better. Only Moe could manage to get asthma and be alergic himself. I knew the first time I caught him with his tongue stuck in his fur things were not going to be easy for him.