Wednesday, January 20, 2010

California is Under Water

I spend many days laughing at the weather/news folks who say "Oh my there is quite a storm coming and we might get 1/2 an inch of rain" but I have to tell you they were not kidding when they said a storm was coming.  We have had a ton of rain in just a few days and there is still more to come.  There was a tornado in California, well at the beach to be more specific and today I had to drive through a VERY flooded street to get home from work.  And then after I was out of the flood, the freeway was moving at 5 MPH for no apparent reason... And with all of this going on, I am still thankful that this is the worst that it gets in California.  On most days I can find a reason to hate this place, the people and the traffic but right now I am just thankful that it is not snow, a hurricane or worse a devastatingly, tragic earthquake.

So thank you California storm for reminding me that things are only as bad as you allow them to be.

But I still hate California politicians and specifically our Governator.  Oh and PS I am almost certain that good ole' Arnold was hoping that by attending the Golden Globes, someone was going to offer up a telethon for CA.  Not so fast Arnold, you caused this one, not a natural disaster!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I didn't see Arnold at the Golden Globes. He is so useless.

I am also thankful to be in California. Most days you just can't beat the weather.