Thursday, July 12, 2012

Happy 1 Week Birthday, Olivia!!!!

Olivia is now 1 week old!  Where did that week go?!?  Besides feeding, sleeping and changing diapers, we have done little else around here.  There have been a few rough moments, like me crying spontaneously for no real reason or snapping at Paul, who has done everything for us.  It's amazing how lack of sleep can effect you in the smallest way.  But then there are these wonderful moments of absolute joy, that make up for those overwhelming moments, and well they are way more important than anything else.  Even after one week, I know my life will never be the same.  She is such a joy, such a light and such a little spirit.  And even while I am typing this she is sleeping next to me, and that lovely little spirit just farted and pooped... And I have to say that I even smile at that.  What has happened to me!?!  Oh and that list of things to do when I was not pregnant, not even a concern.  Have not had a glass of wine, or sushi or anything else that was on there.  But then again I have only left the house once... I am sure some day they will happen, but for now this is FAR MORE IMPORTANT!


This is the first time that I was able to lay eyes on her.  It was amazing... And I will never forget how warm her cheeks were.  Love at first sight!


What a proud daddy!  Paul was so happy to be able to cut the cord and then hold her.  He will forever have those first moments with her, and it means so much to me that he was there to be the one to hold her and love her.
And this is the first time that I was able to hold her.  When we were in the recovery room, I was too drugged out to be comfortable holding her, so I waited till we were our room.  It was the most amazing moment.  And looking at this photo, I felt as drugged out as I apparently looked.  Oh my!
Happy Birthday Olivia!  Only one week old and already running this family.  And we wouldn't have it any other way!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I was thinking of Olivia at 4:04 Wednesday. This is a wonderful post. It is amazing how your heart can be so full of love for someone that you just met. Paul is such a great dad, and you are definitely a great mom.

Katie said...

That first picture is amazing! I love how she is leaning her head back to look at you.