Friday, April 17, 2009

Buenos Dias - Nueve Dia

It is our last full day here in Buenos Aires and with that being said we decided to hit up a couple of things that we had not had a chance to look at to this point. First on the list was El Obelisco, a monument representing the 400th Anniversary of the city.

After we got some photos, we walked the Avenida de Nueve and well it was loud, crowded, and everyone was smoking... So we decided that we would head over to Avenida Santa Fe for a little less people and lunch. Once there we decided to head over to the mall, otherwise known as Alto Palermo where we ended up eating at a little cafe. I ordered what I thought was going to be a salmon salad, but I imagined that it would be cooked on a bed of lettuce, but what I got was more like locks on salad with cheese that smelled pretty strong. It was not good, the first time that I can really say that here but still.
Once we got away from lunch we wandered the mall where I picked up a couple of tank tops, that I love and then we hopped the subway home.
It has been a long week and though we should totally be finishing it up with some grandeous night out, we are not. We both feel that we have seen and done all that we wanted to and with still a few things left on the list for next time.
We leave tomorrow...

2 comments:

Katie said...

Is it supposed to look like the Washington Monument?

I am excited to see the tank tops and you.

Pam said...

Sounds like you had a great vacation. Can't wait to talk to you.