Sunday, March 6, 2011

Big Decision

Not sure how to break the news, but I am going to be 31 this year!  I know, I know comes as a shock to me as well, but alas it is true and I am going to be 31 years of age in one week.  Funny how excited I was to turn 30 and I was all ready to embrace my thirties and all that they had to offer, but now that I have to actually move into that era, I am not ready at all!!!!!

So I have decided to stay 30.  I just don't feel like I am where I thought that I would be at 31 and rather than admit failure, I am going to remain 30.  I think that is a totally reasonable resolution, don't you?!?  I was also considering going back to 29 and just reversing in years till I find one that suits me.  Totally acceptable option as well.  Or I could try and achieve all that needs to be done in one week.  Is that possible?!?  No, since one was to be debt free, and well that is not going to happen in 7 months, let alone 7 days.

I guess that the only suitable solution is to just hope that people forget that I have a birthday coming up and continue on as a 30 year old woman.  No one will even question that I have not had a birthday in more than a year, or that I look like I am aging, but not celebrating any birthdays!  I don't want to be old and I am not ready to be 31.  Pretty sure that I won't be able to keep up the charade for long, but I think that it is worth a try.

1 comment:

Katie said...

31 is a ok.

29 is nice too.

It really is just a state of mind. Of course I am 29 so I can still say that.