Friday, February 25, 2011

Embarrassing on so many levels!

To be totally honest, I am not sure why I am posting this, but I guess I figured why not.  So here goes...

Monday night I noticed that I was getting these sharps pains in my abdomen, that were shooting from the front to my back.  I assumed that it was just residual pain from a weekend in Vegas.  Oh yeah I went last weekend and drank a couple of meals, no judgement, it's VEGAS!  Anyways, I decided to just push past the pain and not mention anything to anyone, cause of course it was going to go away.

Well Thursday morning came, and I was still feeling the pain in my side and I noticed that I was not totally hungry and I was hardly eating anything when I did eat, but feeling full.  Not normally something I would complain about, since I am usually hungry all the time, but this was wierd.  So I called Kaiser to see about getting an appointment and they told me that they only had after hours care at 7pm and then one the next day at 9am.  I decided that I could wait till 9am, since hello I had been dealing with it since Monday, so why not!  When I went to tell my boss that I would be late, she mentioned that it sounded like my gallbladder and I should go as soon as possible.  Well I knew that it was not my gallbladder, since that is on the right side with my liver (thankfully it was not that as well), but her concern did make me nervous, so I called Kaiser back and switched to the 7pm appointment.

I am not sure if I have mentioned this before, but sometimes Paul can be so great.  I am not trying to say that he is not always great, but what I really mean is that is just such a good guy.  He was all about driving me to Kaiser, sitting with me in the waiting room, while tons of openly sick people breathed on us and then sitting through the urine test, the xrays and then waiting again in the sick people waiting room for the results.  So sweet, especially since we had not had dinner yet.  So after all the tests, trying to confirm whether I had a kidney stone (theory #1 in my mind) or if I was constipated (theory #1 in the doctors mind), we found out that I really just needed to poop.  Now the reason I say poop, is  because that is what the doctor kept saying in my appointment loud enough for everyone to hear through the doors. 

So in case you have not gone to the doctor before because you are backed up, let me tell you the best part... The xrays that are taken to prove that I do not have a kidney stone, can also be used to totally humiliate you, or as the doctor put it show me all the poop sitting inside me.  And let me tell you, it was bad!  I had no idea that a person could have that much junk up in them, and that I had to go to Kaiser at 7pm on a Thursday to find that out.  Needless to say the doctor "devised a plan," his words, not mine, to get me back on track.  And that is where I am now, sitting at home on a Friday, taking a really tasting laxative drink and just working this shit out, my words, not his.

I realize that this was way TMI, and probably the longest post I have ever posted and it is about poop, but thought that I had to share this moment with you all!  I am sure that you are glad you read this one through!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Well, not to take this too lightheartedly, but I always was pretty sure you were full of it. Ha Ha!

Jenn said...

That happened to my sister once, and I saw the x-ray, and it is gross! Hope you feel better now that you got it all out of your system!

Katie said...

I would pay to see that xray. What can be done to make that happen?