Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 5 - Not that I'm Counting or Anything

I am officially on Day 5 and lets just say it has not been super easy. 

Saturday was fine, mainly cause I had such an awful sinus infection that all I did was sleep all day, so not much thought spent on wanting a cocktail.  Then on Sunday it was going well till Paul wanted to eat at Canaletto, which is an amazing Italian restaurant in Newport, and we like to eat in the bar area.  We mainly eat in there because it is less crowded and they have these really nice tall tables, but also because it is the bar.  I like eating in the bar for two reasons, one because there is always tons to watch all around you and two, you can get a drink pretty quickly.  So in an effort to not be difficult and put Paul out during this process, we ate in the bar.  I thought I would be totally fine, but it bothered me.  I really like having a glass of wine there with my pizza or risotto and instead I got an Iced Tea.  I lived, but it was a little less fun than it was in the past.  At least it seemed that way then.

Monday was a work day and a work night.  By this I mean that when I work a full, stressful day at the sometimes lunatic, crazed place that I do, I like to have a glass of wine to unwind or forget that I work there.  But I did not.  And I lived through this as well.  But to be totally honest, I was in a crap mood and went to bed at like 8:30pm to feel less pathetic.

Tuesday was better and here we are on Wednesday.  I am fine.  Don't get me wrong I would have loved to have had a glass of wine with the tilapia dinner that I made, but I did not, I had Iced Tea.  By the way, Iced Tea is my new best friend.  I like soda occassionally and water is great, but lets be honest both of those can get old, so now I am drinking the Iced Tea like it is my job... Actually like it is wine. :0

So here we are on Day 5 and though I am somewhat consumed by this whole thing, I am sticking with it and just a few more weeks from now, I am going to be better than this... I am better than this!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm so proud of you!