Monday, March 18, 2013

Something's Missing

Well it's official, I AM OLD.  Well 33 to be exact but at this point I don't really want to bother with counting.  I miss being excited about birthdays, turning a year older, celebrating with everyone.  And though I did have a great time celebrating with the fam bam on Saturday night, I more or less think of it as just a great night out rather than a birthday celebration.  It's wierd this getting older thing.  It comes with a ton of wonderful memories and a sense of peace with who I am at this point in my life, but it's also sort of sad.  This is the first year that I did not have a grandmother to call me on my birthday.  And though it was never that big a deal in the past, it was this huge hole in my day this year.  I missed the chat about being another year older and not spending my $40 check all in one place... It really is the little things.  I want to say that no one warns you about that, but we all know that is not true.  It's people say, yet you don't truly understand the meaning till it affects you personally.  I can honestly say this was the second birthday in a row that did not feel as celebratory as it has in the past.  But I am hopeful for next year... Really that is the only way to think about it.

So here's to another year... May it treat me well!

No comments: