Friday, April 13, 2012

And We Are Now One Step Closer...

As part of this journey to become parents, we made a list of things that we definitely needed to do to be prepared.  The list had so many things on it like clean out the office that will now be the nursery/office, find a pediatrician, find a daycare/nanny, figure out my maternity leave and finally buy a car that won't trap a child in a serious emergency.  And I don't mean to imply that will be because of the suicide doors but rather the fact that my key would never come out of the lock, so we could literally be trapped in there for days.

Initially I was looking at a Kia Sportage, but was outruled by Paul.  I am rarely outruled by anyone, but since I will be driving around his daughter, I figured he deserved a say in how safe a car we purchase.  So we decided on the new 2012 Honda CR-V.  I hesitated only because both my sister and my mother-in-law have one, and I wanted to have something different and in the end, I am glad that I went with the CR-V. 

I am going to miss the Saturn.  I had some very good memories in that little lady and I know that someone will love her again, as much as I did.  Well maybe not as much, since I had about 6 years without most of the issues that made me hate her in the end... But still.


Here I am with the my little lady... In the rain, might I had.


And then Paul and I with the little woman.

It was a pretty darn easy experience with our guy Andy Mata at Weir-Canyon Honda... I would recommend him to a friend.  Bonus, he smells really good.  We took Friday off and wanted to get the car purchase taken care of before the weekend, so we headed over there early and were out of there within 3 hours.  They gave us what we wanted for the Saturn and met us on our offer for the car.  So once it was all said and done, we got exactly what we wanted and did not feel all grimmy afterwards.  The only down part of the day was having to take our car home in a down pour, where there was threat of hail.  Oh well, not all things can be perfect...

Oh and as a side note, cleaning out your car can be a learning experience.  I found that I keep a lot of trash, mainly from Starbucks in my side doors and more Mapquest directions than I really want to admit.  Either I am just very organized or I have a severe fear of getting lost.  I had the directions to the same places in multiple locations in my car.  Strange and sad.


2 comments:

Pam said...

Congratulations! I love the color. Can't wait to see it.

Katie said...

So fun! Have you picked out a name for her yet?

Remember when you used to keep your Christmas decorations in the trunk? Was that the Jetta or the Saturn.

Glad it was a good experience for you and you guys will be very happy you bought a safe car for Olivia to be in. Going on over two years with my car and not a single problem. Knock on wood.