Thursday, January 19, 2012

Little Things

"Sometimes," said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."

I was looking up quotes online in preperation for my speech at Katie's wedding and ran across this gem.  And I balled, I mean I could barely get through reading it.  What the heck hormones, let me at least read a little Poohism without losing my stuff.  But then I started thinking about this little person growing in me and how much I already love them and we have only known one another for 15 weeks.  I have known people for years, that I can barely say that about.  And that makes me very happy but so very nervous as well.  I began to think how hard it will be to leave them at home or at daycare and head off to work, or to see them off on the first day of school.  And don't get me started thinking about them going off to college or getting married and having children of their own.  I really have no idea how my mother did it.  I would have fallen apart more times than I like to admitt. 

But at the same time, I am thrilled that I am already so attached and in love.  I was always a little concerned if this maternal side of me would ever kick in, and I guess I waited for the right time, cause it is in full swing.  And I cannot wait to meet this little person... Who by the way has decided to hide for one more month, and not reveal whether or not they are a Paula or a Victor!?!  Oh well, we will find out one way or another soon enough!

3 comments:

Pam said...

It is not always easy being a Mom and letting go is definitely one of the hardest parts. Didn't I ever tell you that when you went to college I would come home from work and sit on your bed for a few minutes everyday just to feel a little closer to you? You have lots of time to get ready for those days, just enjoy what is going on now. While you are pregnant, this is the most control you will ever have over little Paula or Victor.

Beth said...

Is it strange that reading this post gives me butterflies in my tummy? I am so excited for you. I am watching you wide eyed and inquisitive as if we were 6 and 8 again and all I wanted to do was be like you and know what it was like to be you. I hope that doesn't come out creepy, I just love you and sometimes growing up together reminds me how lucky we really are to have each other.

Katie said...

So this post and the two comments all made me cry!