Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Descendants

We actually saw a movie today.  If you know me and Paul and our track record with these sorts of things, you will understand.  It took us almost a year to see the Batman Movie with Heath Ledger, and I believe that we were the most excited to see it.  And we have attempted to see Mission Impossible 3 on several occasions, and stilll have not done it.  It was tough before, but now that I have an excuse to not do anything and everything, movies have become impossible. 

I do not want to spoil anything for anyone, but I wanted to mention somwthing that stuck with me.  If you have seen the commercials you will know this much... George Clooney's wife is in a coma and he is dealing with children that he was not so close with and secrets that his wife left behind.  This movie was about life and how we deal with the moments that define us and though, I am not certain it was the movie of the year, it was very good.  And at the end, there is this scene where they are sitting there, as a family, and you see that no matter how horrible the trama or the circumstance, we survive and come out on the other end.  I am sure that if you have been fortunate to never have experienced a loss, of any nature you will not understand it on the same level, but trust me when I say life is worth it all.  All the heartache and ugly is worth it to get to the beauty of it all. 

1 comment:

Katie said...

This is a nice post.

George can do no wrong.

And it was a running joke with Rodger and I about whether you and Paul had seen "The Dark Knight" yet. I remember every weekend you said that you were going to.