Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Control of Time

There are really no words to describe the movement of time and the lack of control that you have over it.  Over the years I have fought to prove that I knew better, that I am above time, but somehow it has caught up with me and I am faced with the pure and simple fact that I am 29 and I have no control over anything, especially time.  Time changes everyone, one way or another and you are powerless to stop it.  I know now that I am not 23 anymore, once thought to be my perfect age and that the people around me are not who or what they were 6 years ago as well. 

But I know this, I am thankful for every moment that I have in this life, with this family, in this love and I would not stop time to change any of that.

This week, seeing as it is only Wednesday, has been a long one.  Paul's mom had surgery, a fellow collegue was found to have a brain tumor and we found out that a co-workers wife's cancer has come back, not an easy week as I mentioned before.  I have to admitt in the midst of it all, I had a minor breakdown thinking about all that can get to us and take us over and how little control we have over it all.  Did I mention that I hate a lack of control?  But at the end of the day that is not the point, the point I hope is that we have to be thankful that we have this time at all and that it continues.

So I guess that the point of this blog is to tell those I love that I am thankful for their place in my life and that I love them!  So thank you!

2 comments:

Pam said...

We love you right back. Our lives would have been lacking without you. You cannot control time, but you can control what you do with that time. Make everyday count and do something positive with it.

Katie said...

I love you too, very much.