Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Weddings...

I wish that someone had told me that planning may actually take all the fun out of having one... I am not quite sure when it began but there is an entire industry set up to rip off the general public at every turn. I would like to have a small, cute wedding and to be honest, there is no chance of that happening, at least not if it is up to most of the locations that we have looked at that either want our life savings and our first child or for us to at least invite people just so that we make some sort of minimum.

I have forever dreamed of my wedding day and to be honest I would love to go into wedding planning, especially now that I know how much money there is to be made, but this is not quite the way that I thought the planning portion would have turned out. Sadly, it has been almost two weeks and I am so stressed that eloping is becoming the option that I most favor for wedding options.

But as everyone keeps telling me, I need to relax and enjoy this... cause it is supposed to FUN! So I am going to try that this week and I will let you know how that goes.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Honestly, if I had known ahead of time how much time, money, and stress goes into planning a wedding, I would have eloped. I would still have invited close friends and family, but Vegas just seems like a much easier time!

Katie said...

Don't stress. Whatever you do will be perfect.

Pam said...

Vickie, Vickie, Vickie - Please just sit back and enjoy being engaged for awhile. After the cruise there will be plenty of time for planning and stressing. You know we will help and you have great friends, and of course, Paul who will all pitch in. It is supposed to be fun. Don't put such high expectations on yourself - just have your day be exactly that - your day!

Beth said...

Oh Vickie, you have so much time! I agree with your mom, enjoy being engaged! I guarantee there is a venue out there that matches your small and cute wedding vision. It may take some time to find it, but there is no reason to think eloping would be better than having the wedding day you always imagined! It can be done, it will just take some creativity and patience. And of course a few more friday nights of venting and relaxing :)