Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015… When did that happen?!?

Yeah it's been like 4 months since I last blogged, but that's not so bad, right?  Oh well, I am back and going to attempt to be much better about this going forward.

So here is the year in review…

We had a strong Winter and Spring last year, till we hit the ridiculous month of May that handed us a flooded preschool and hand, foot and mouth disease… And ended with us toasting to having NO MORE KIDS.  It was a rough month, things were said that left us all wanting to be left alone.  But we made it through.  Oh and I did my first Whole 30 challenge, which was tough but super good.

Then summer brought us Cory and Corey's reception, our summer vacation and me gaining back all the weight that I had lost on the Whole 30.  A win for all.  Our vacation was actually a good time for us, even with a couple nights of me being super sick to start it off.  Went to San Diego, visited the zoo, hung out at the beach and then headed to Palm Springs for a couple nights, that we extended cause we were having so much fun.  We will definitely be doing that trip again this year.

And then the fall was rather uneventful, thank goodness.

And by the winter, I was back on the "we need to have a second kid" conversation, but sadly my partner thought that had been canned… I mean I can change my mind, right?  Maybe not.  I guess that one in still up in the air at this time.  We had a good Thanksgiving and even better Christmas.  Good to be able to be with family and friends, even if most of what we did was eat and drink too much… Making me ready for another Whole 30 in January.

And so here we are on January 1 of 2015 and I think I am excited about the year to come.  I turn 35 this year, and we have so much to look forward to.  Olivia is now 2 and a half and talking all the time, growing up so fast, we can't keep up.  She is a delight.  And though this life can be hard, it is amazing.  I am a very lucky woman with a lot of love around me.  And I plan on focusing on that this year.  No resolutions this year, just me working on the life that I have and enjoying the people around me.

Happy 2015 everyone… Or to the 3 people that actually ready this thing!


No comments: