Tuesday, May 28, 2013

And away we go!

Tomorrow we are going to do the walk thru of our house.  I am not sure where the time went, but it really feels like it was only a few weeks ago that we put down the deposit on this place.  It was so far off that I don't think I really let myself register that the day would come that we would be doing the walk thru and then closing and getting the keys to our first home.  It so exciting and scary at the same time.  This will be the second largest purchase that Paul and I have done together, since being married, the first being the CR-V.  It's strange that it took all this time to get to this place, yet I feel like we are super rushed all of a sudden.  Like I said, scary times.  But good as well.

I know how lucky I am and this whole process reminds me of just that.  I have a great husband, who has managed amongst all the millions of things he has to do to organize and plan this whole move.  I mean it when I say, I have done so very little.  I more or less show up.  I know that I have made decisions, like which fabric to get on the couch or the rugs that we need, but he has done most of the heavy lifting.  I am very lucky. 

And though it's easy to see all that is going well, it's hard to block out the little things that make things just a little harder.  I am nervous about the move, how it will affect Olivia and Moe and the adjustment period that comes with change, something that will affect all of us in one way or another.  I know it will take time to call this new place home and not come back to what has been our home for so many years.  I will miss this place, and I am not quite ready to walk away from the place that we brought Olivia home to.  It will be hard to say goodbye.  I am also stressed about the drive to and from work, which now is like 12 miles but will soon become 35.  What is funny to me is that I have been totally aware of this change for some time, but it did not register fully till I tell someone where we are moving and see there reaction.  "So are you still planning on working here?"  "That's quite a drive."  Thanks everyone for the confidence... Totally helping with my anxiety about the move!

And then there are the tons of little things that just happen to be going on that manage to overwhelm me at any given moment.  Life tends to that at times.  Usually when you least want it to.  But I am getting better at handling it with each passing year. 

Aside from all that, in 48 hours we are going to own a home.  It has been years in the making and I am very excited.

No comments: