Monday, August 13, 2012

Life is fleeting

When I was younger, much younger like 15, I never imgained life ending.  I had no grasp of what the end would be like or when it would come, there was no need for thoughts like that.  Being young allows you the ignorance to do without thinking and to move without hesitating, and then you grow up.  You start to realize that life moves quickly, sometimes too quickly to even know how you got from point A to B.  People start to come and go and at some point you notice that years have gone by and you are already in your thirties... How did that happen?!?

In the last six weeks I have come to terms with how fleeting life can be.  One day you are in the bathroom taking a home pregnancy test and then you are in the hosptial welcoming the most beautiful person into the world and then you are deciding to put your spouse into a home.  Where does that time go?  And how do we make it slow down...  I know that there is no way to stop the clock, but making sure that I appreciate every moment of this life will surely help.  Almost six weeks have passed since we brought our little lady home and there have been some hard times, but I would do anything to make it slow down just a bit more.  She has already grown so much and in no time at all she will be off to day care and then college... No way I am ready for that.

Anyways the point to my random post about time moving too quickly is to say that I get it.  Took me 32 years but I get it.  Make every moment count and love the people that are with you and make sure that they know it.  Be happy, be nice and be honest.  Simple solutions for a very complex life.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I heard a saying a while ago that I find very true.
"The days are long but the years are short."

vickie said...

So very true.