Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Time Has Come!

Well not really, but we are at ten days and counting till this little lady is set to arrive.  Which really means that she could come any day now, a thought that is not lost on me at any point during the day.  I am so excited and ready to get this started, but all I get to do from this point on is wait.  Wait for something to happen that will signal that it is time for us to move, one way or the other.  Plus this part of the pregnancy is starting to wear on me.  I know I have not been the best at this, but this last month or so has been trying on both my body and my mind. 

Last night we had a scare.  Nothing that resulted in a hospital visit, but it definitely worried me.  In the last couple of weeks, I have felt the baby all day and all night.  There is so little room left at this point, I can feel her move, kick, stretch, pretty much anything she does, I feel.  But for some reason last night it felt like it had been a couple of hours since I could remember feeling her move and once you realize you don't know when the last time she moved, you freak.  So I drank some juice, laid on my side and started the kick counts.  Basically you are supposed to lay on your side and wait to feel the baby move or kick or do anything and keep track of how long it takes to get to ten movements.  Normally it takes ten to twenty minutes, if that, but last night it took almost 45 and I cried through most of it.  I admit I was a mess and ready to call labor and delivery to have them tell us what to do next.  But she did it.  Took longer than I wanted it to, but it happened.  And the whole process made me realize how nervous I am going to be about tons of things in her life. 

I definitely think that this part is rough, with not knowing if she is okay because she is on the inside and not the out, but what awaits us might be scarier.  I will have no control over anything once she gets here, not something I think that I am ready for as well.  Maybe I am not ready for any of this, but I am excited all the same.

One random moment of last night, Moe slept by my head all night.  This cat has been super wierd with me since I got pregnant.  He bites me every chance he gets and then follows me around like I might disapear into a wall.  But when I am hurting or sad, he is there.  He even sniffed/licked my tears last night.  Paul was a little freaked out by this move, but it was sweet.  Even now, he is by my side.  Hopefully this is a sign that he will be good with the baby... Here's hoping!


Oh yeah that is my belly.  Hard to hide at this point and why bother really!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Cats are so good at sensing emotion. I remember Thumper and Caliope were the best at this. Maybe Moe should go to the hospital to help with labor.

I am sorry you had a rough night.

Pam said...

I'm sorry you had a rough night, but everything will be fine. I was just wondering if that was your belly before I read the last of the post. I love you and you are going to be a great mom.