Monday, September 26, 2011

The Road to Motherhood

Now this is not the point on my blog where I announce that I have had a child or that I am even pregnant, it is merely me bringing up the fact that we have decided to welcome the idea of a baby into our lives.  Like all things in my life, I have approached this moment with all the gusto of someone training for the Olympics.  I have purchased a few books, one I might mention is What to Expect Before You Are Expecting... I know it's a bit much.  And I have tons of questions to pretty much anyone that will deal with a lady, who is not pregnant, asking about whether or not they pooped during delivery.  I have already freaked out about the fact that my little Moe will not be able to sleep in our room with the baby, HELLO SEPERATION ANXIETY... Well for me that is!  I feel like I am so OVER prepared that I am going to still be shocked when it happens and all the little moments that happen along the way.

But this is not to say that I am not over the moon with the idea that there could be a baby on the way soon.  I was worried that I would never get to this point, and now I feel antsy that it has not happened already!

4 comments:

Pam said...

I am so excited! You will be a great Mom and Paul a great Dad. Why can't Moe sleep with you. I'm afraid it might cause jealousy and Moe already has some issues (just saying).

Eliza said...

I love answering questions about stuff like pooping during delivery. Truthfully. There's a lot of weird stuff about pregnancy and birth and new babies that no one ever talks about but some of it is kind of funny and most of it is useful to know! So, feel free to ask away. :D

Eliza said...

By the way congratulations on taking this step. Babies are the best. No offense to Moe but I even like them better than cats!!

Eliza said...

Also. Another book I really like is Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

And enough with the unsolicited comments! I'm done!