Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Farm Fresh

For quite some time, I have been hearing about the farming co-op and the produce boxes that you can pick up at locations near your home.  My girlfriend, Kelly has been a part of a farm co-op for a couple of years and I was always so jealous that she had something like that at her disposal.  And then it happened, after a weekend visiting Kelly in San Marcos, I came home and started researching farming co-op's available in North Orange County.  And I found one... It is Tanaka Farms in Irvine.  They have various options for produce pick-ups, but to start I went with the small box ($20) every other week.  We got our first one and I have to say I am a fan!

I went to Cal State Fullerton on my lunch hour to pick up the box and felt so good about myself and the way that I was supporting the local farmers.  I have to say that I am quite proud of myself...


I really hope that this is something that I will continue to do and that I can inspire others to look into this as well, just like my friend did for me!

No comments: