Monday, June 13, 2011

Being Selfish

I have to admit that I have been super selfish lately.  I am in survival mode and because of that I feel that I have been neglecting a few things.  I have not worked out in forever and I am not eating all that well either, and to go one further I have been drinking more than I care to admit.  On top of that I have not been a good friend, which is super hard for me to admit.  I hate thinking that I was always there for my gals and I have been MIA for the last two months, with the exception of checking in just to make sure that there is nothing life changing going on with anyone else.  But even that I have been bad at.  One of my besties is preggers and I have not seen her in more than a month, which is super long for us.  And to top that, I am her sons Godmother and I have not seen him in months.  I can say, I am not being a good friend.  And my cousin's aunt on her mom's side passed away today from cancer, and I have not been there for her either. 

I just feel guilty and there is no way to get around that.  I feel like every little thing sends me into a tail spin and one email or text will ruin my day and thus take me out of life once again.  And I cannot continue like this.  So I am pledging today to refocus on the things that matter and the people in my life that have been there for me, like I need to be there for them!

You heard it here first, so I expect you to hold me to it! 

I am here.  For you!

1 comment:

Pam said...

It is okay to be selfish when you need to be, but all of us need to get on with our lives. Even though we have been going through tough times ourselves, we need to be there for others just like they have been there for us. I love you so much and just want you to be happy with yourself. We will get through this (though some days are harder than others) because we are strong women.