Wednesday, July 25, 2007

This is very new for me!

i have to admit that this blog thing, is very foreign at this moment but i am going to give it a try. i think that the reason that blogging has never been interest of mine, is that i am really worried that i will have nothing to say... which may very well happen.
but no matter what i feel compelled to start stating my opinions on a few things that are slowly beginning to eat away at me.
to start why is it the headline news that la lohan was arrested yet again for a dui and drug possession, is there nothing else going on in the world to talk about? oh wait i guess that if it was not her that they were salivating over it would be brittney or paris. what is going on that they are the ones that carry the headlines and yet the millions of deaths occurring all over the world are relegated to the back pages of the paper and the end of the news hour.
i am sure that i can figure out the answers but it really makes me nervous for future of humanity that these are the people that we are looking at to lead and guide the world.
long live us weekly, ok magazine and perezhilton.com, for without them we never know a thing about these pathetic people that grace the covers of every magazine but contribute nothing to the world.

3 comments:

Katie said...

This is awesome! I am so happy you have a blog. I agree with you about the celebrities although I blogged about Lindsay.

I truly think that people talk about this crap because everything else that is happening in the world is so hard to grasp at once. I think that everyone cares about the middle east, africa, the poor and hungry, politics and all that but the thing is that it seems impossible to make a difference on a large level. I think we make a difference in our families and society but look what happens when we vote for a new president or congress, absolutely nothing. No one feels heard. So it is much easier to talk about meaningless celebrites. But I know people care about the real issues. There is a great quote about this that Eliza posted on her blog. I think I will post it. And maybe talk about more meaningful issues on my blog.

Also, I can show you some cool stuff to do with your blog.

Pam said...

Love the picture of you and Paul. This blogging is actually quite fun. Love ya

Pam said...

Hey, you need to update your blog. Now that I'm into this thing, I need to see to see something new. Did Katie tell you that I get to go see Tim and Faith with her Friday? Can't wait